Often it is hard to really get to know students when you don’t get to see them outside of class. We don’t have a lot of time to talk about non academic stuff.
So I would like to get to know you better and learn more about you as a person and a student. To that end we are going to do letters of introduction.
After the poll we were (not quite evenly) split between written letters and video letters. So let’s do both. You will choose to either do your letter written or via Flipgrid (video). This will be due by Friday of this week.
Below are suggestions about what you can include in your introduction. You don’t have to include all of it (the list is pretty long) but it’s something to get you thinking.
If you choose to do a written letter, you will submit it to schoology. You can write it however you choose – a straight forward typed letter perhaps, or maybe something you create online and include photos to illustrate it. Whatever you prefer and whatever works for you.
To upload it you will need to join our schoology class (you’ll need to do that anyway) with the code TRNG4-462JR. Then click the assignment and upload your introduction.
Want to do a video introduction? Go to Flipgrid.com and enter the code a3ecb088. You will need to login with your Office 365 email address (email@example.com) and school password. Then you will see a green record button and you can create and upload your video. If you don’t like the web browser there is an app for Flipgrid.
Have a different method you’d like to try? Talk to me about it.
What to include (you don’t have to include it all):
Tell me about yourself.
Things you can include:
- How would you describe your personality?
- How do you like to be treated?
- How is it easiest to get along with you?
- Something about your family.
- Places you have lived.
- Your interests outside of school?
- Do you speak another language?
- Do you have a favorite pet?
- Do you have a favorite animal?
- Do you travel and if so where have you gone?
- Do you have a job (what do you do and do you LIKE it?)?
- Do you have any special talents you are proud of?
- Do you play sports?
- What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your interests at school?
- Do you like to read? What genres do you like? What is your favorite book?
- Do you like movies? Favorite genre? Favorite actor? Favorite movie of all time? Do you have a guilty pleasure movie?
- Do you like music?
- What is something you are MOST proud of for yourself?
- How do you learn best in school?
- What are your goals for this class?
- Favorite class ever? Why?
- Favorite teacher ever? Why?
- Favorite topics to study?
- What are your expectations for this class?
- Do you have any specific learning needs I should know about?
- What do you like or hate to be evaluated on in class?
- Biggest pet peeve from teachers (what do you HATE when teachers do)?
- Favorite trait of teachers (what do you LOVE when teachers do)?
After high school?
- What are your goals for after high school?
- What do you want to do in the future?